![]() |
| Oli |
She was chosen as a featured artist at the RAW Wollongong Artists Festival so clearly I'm not the only one who thinks she's pretty amazing. First stop Wollongong, next stop.... THE WORLD!!!!
When did you start OOLI DESIGN?
OOLI DESIGN officially started in 2014. I’d been hiding my OOLI DESIGN Instagram from my friends and family, slowly posting new designs and pieces I’d been working on, to see if they got any love from strangers on Instagram - and there was! Mid 2014 I spread the word, invited everyone to my Facebook/Instagram pages, started selling at markets around the South Coast and getting serious about jewellery design!Why did you start OOLI DESIGN?
I’d been making crystal and gemstone jewellery for myself for over a year, with stones I’d collected while travelling. I ended up with hundreds of great one of a kind pieces that I just wanted to share!Have you always been interested in jewellery and design?
Big time. I’ve always been obsessed with jewellery and have made pieces since I was in high school. Starting with bead and wire jewellery and slowly developing a serious love for lapidary, crystals and gemstones. Travelling through Sri Lanka, Nepal and Turkey in particular inspired my jewellery aesthetic, colour combinations and technique. So after getting back to Australia with crystals and stones I’d collected, I was itching to start creating!What about OOLI DESIGN are you most proud of ?
The response and reactions from customers and ‘Likers’ of OOLI DESIGN! I love hearing customers tell me they’ve received compliments when wearing my pieces. I feel a lot of warmth and support from OOLI DESIGN lovers and its that love that drives me to keep creating. Also, proud of my website - it's pretty baben!![]() |
| Amy's Mum surprised her with this gorgeous necklace that she'd had her eye on |
What is your next big goal/dream OOLI DESIGN?
My goals are always to create new pieces, that are handmade, one of kind, with stones I’ve personally pick up from around the world. Dreaming bigger I’d love to have a greater reach internationally, host pop up markets around Australia and feature in some more fashion publications and blogs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can check out her designs at http://oolidesign.com/
Instagram: http://instagram.com/oolidesign/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/oolidesign/
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/oolidesign/
And of course, if you really love her, feel free to vote for her RAW: Accessories of the Year
Photos taken from the OOLI DESIGN Facebook Page.









No comments:
Post a Comment